Cyclotron Plug Door
The physicist of record must determine all shielding for the vault. A typical cyclotron vault plug door is approximately 5' wide by 8' high and 5' thick.
Steel Door Case welded ½" HRP with internal bracing.
Flanged 5”Dia. Steel Wheels w/Tapered Double Roller Bearings.
Door Frame – ½" HRP welded w/integral steel studs for welding to rebar.
Drive System – Gearmotor AC inverter drive.
- Load bearing rails to be permanently mounted in the floor.
- Control System –
- Inverter Drive w/ acceleration &deceleration Ramps.
- PLC Control – programmed for proper Operation and integrated w/ Safety System
- Push Button Controls outside Vault with following Functions.
- Push button controls inside will have the following functions
- Manual Emergency opening device.
- UPS for Power out Operation of Door.
- Safety System to include –
- Light Curtain at Opening.
- Pressure Sensor at each of 4 Corners of the Door.
- Presence Sensor above Door Opening.
- Visual and Audio Tower for door movement.
- Power Control Panel
- Remote Control Switch.
- Overload cut-out.
- Fused magnetic Circuit breaker.
- Operating Parameters
- Operating Time 45 seconds to Full Open.
Pitts Little Corporation will provide the Door Frame, Door Case, Door Drive System, Control System, Push Buttons, Light Curtain, Presence Sensor, Flanged Rollers, Rail system and other items to make a Complete System.
Installation by the Contractor
The contractor will be responsible for installing the frame that we supply.
All concrete and grout is by others.
The plug door is to be concrete filled by others.
The following cyclotron Interlocks are by others:
- Signal to Prevent Beam Activation if Door is Open
- Signal to Prevent Beam Activation if Operators have not Exited the Bunker
- Prevent Door Operation if Beam is On
- Disable Cyclotron Operation
Submittal drawings will be provided after an order is accepted. The owner is to evaluate the door construction tolerances and drive functions prior to fabrication.
Demolition, Utility relocation, All Concrete work, Setting the frame, Physics, All conduit and wiring, Duties, Tariffs and Taxes.
Click a photo for an enlarged view.