The Pitts Little Corporation LX-57B X-Ray Shielding lead glass is a lead barium type glass of high optical grade with over 60 percent heavy metal oxide, including at least 55 percent PbO. It offers high light transmission and does not discolor due to radiation. The faces have hard polished surfaces
When compared to acrylic/plastic shielding, leaded glass:
- Has half the weight of plastic with same shielding
- Transmits more light than plastic shielding
- Noncombustible as compared to toxic fumes emitted from of plastic if burned or cut
- LX-57B glass has the same Moh’s hardness as feldspar (a constituent of granite)
Standard Sizes for Leaded X-Ray Glass
In addition to the above sizes, any size can be ordered up to 48" x 102".
We will be happy to get you a quote for your X-Ray Shielded Lead Glass. We also can provide the Lead Lined Telescoping Frame for your shielded glass (pictured below). If you need Laminated Shielded Lead Glass, click on the Saf-T-Lite Technical Specifications link below for more details. We can be contacted by phone or email through the Contact Us link at the top of this page.
- Leaded X-Ray Glass Technical Specifications
- Saf-T-Lite Glass Technical Specifications
- Window Frame Mounting Instructions
Click a photo for an enlarged view.
For leaded X-Ray glass prices, give us a call at 205-833-5911.